King Gizzard news updates/upcoming projects πŸ“° πŸ“¬

We might need to create a glossary of terms for this one :smiley:

Also I like how immediately into the album the silver cord snaps.

And when Theia it did impact, the silver cord did snap as well
Leaving the soul to sail on a journey beyond that which we dwell

Kinda seems like since Theia impacted the physical realm, it also had an impact the spiritual realm.

2 Likes

Yeah, you have such great insight !!! I’m thinking the silver cord is our tie/tether to the spiritual world. PDA is about death, destruction, and bringing post apocalypse. By connecting to the silver cord/ the earth/ the thing that connects us all together, we can heal the wounds of destruction and come together to fight the dragon before it turns into the post apocalypse. Sliver cord is about the thing that powers our core and rebirths the Phoenix from the ashes.

1 Like

We’re live! Thea/The Silver Cord/Set!

Oooo magenta forest. Good place to wear your overalls.

1 Like

Oooooo, fun stuff! β€œSet” is an instant earworm. Going to be bouncing to that chorus all day.

It’s so awesome they are wearing the overalls in the video :joy:

Check out the featured image on the site :smiley: can’t see where to buy them though.

1 Like

I’ve got a feeling the Barcelona record fair surplus will be hitting the EU Gizzverse soon. . The past drops have always been about 6-8 weeks after the fair so that puts us right in line for next week, possibly around The Silver Cord drop.

Be prepared and vigilant if you are wanting a supercell 7”!

1 Like

The Silver Cord pre-order goes live in just over 14 hours! Pressing/availability info here:

1 Like

I’m pretty happy these days with just having a single playing copy for each of their studio albums rather than the completionist approach, but something is compelling me this time to go one each of the standard and extended mixes if the price is not too extreme.

It seems they are recognising that the US is really the main market for multiple different colour editions anyway, I think AU/EU have only had one version for the last few releases now.

Looks like Supercell (among other things) will be sold at the Independent Music Exchange in Melbourne this weekend. Get it while you can !

1 Like

And buy me a copy too lol!

Independent Music Exchange

Peep the last paragraph of this interview :eyes:

2 Likes

Got my shipping notification for TSC!

Potentially could see it available on Bandcamp in like 15ish hours perhaps?

Rotation Jam album up next!

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: The Silver Cord

Per the sources in the OP I doubt this will be the next album. We know they have had at least two proper recording sessions since PDA, and Lucas said they will start recording the instrument swap album soon. So depending how long they sit on everything, we could realistically get two more albums before this one.

The quote that stood out to me is that this is the first fully analogue recording since Sketches Of Brunswick East! Analogue vs. digital doesn’t really concern me, but this is a very interesting project to get a tape recorder for considering they jammed it.

1 Like

Their 5th Reddit AMA is live:

https://www.reddit.com/r/indieheads/s/qnV0lmWhcu

Lots of snippets inbound.

1 Like