This just dropped...its so dope!

1 Like

Was just going to come here to post about this album! The first version from 2020 always sounded unfinished and never really grabbed me, but I find this one much more coherent and engaging. Its a great display of the range he has shown previous albums all in one.

1 Like

Amyl and the Sniffers are back with maybe their best ever single:

1 Like

Been waiting for new material from Oranssi Pazuzu, the genre-bending psychedelic metal band from Finland, for a while now and they just dropped the first single from their forthcoming album. It’s spooky, layered, and bodes well for things to come. Enjoy! :metal:

1 Like

Agreed. I really like this one. It’s heavy! Lyrics are great, too, with all the place references.

Chinchilla should be such a superstar. Writes, produces, arranges and performs like a grammy winner already. Oh yeah, she likely made the costume too.

A fan got a live video at one of the few shows shes done and i think its her first time playing 1:5 just a few weeks ago. Hard to believe she can sound so good in a cell phone video, dominating her band and click track.

1 Like

I was waiting for her to incorporate the word “fly” into the song. Plenty of opportunities, but she didn’t deliver.

2 Likes

Aircraft theme is in :fire::fire:

I don’t think you listen to much Hip-hop @AlteredBeef but this one made me think of you anyway:

It’s like a politically conscious take on the mistreatment of waterways in Australia from an indigenous perspective. There’s rapping, but it’s also a sound collage using natural field recordings and samples from politicians and news media.
It’s very unique, and a great insight on a topic you’re very passionate about but from this side of the world.

2 Likes

This is great. I listened right away and will definitely share this with all my river-loving friends.

1 Like

this is quite lovely acoustic versions of some classics

1 Like

The new Alcest album just dropped last Friday and it’s lovely. Here’s a highlight:

Also, Sumac just dropped probably one of the best metal albums of the year; it’s absolutely incredible.

1 Like

New O.R.B. album is here:

To be frank its not exactly ambitious, pretty much their typical mix of Floyd/Beatles psych pop with their pristine fuzz tones, but a very solid listen if you know you’re into that. It’s just nice to know they’re back regardless.

1 Like