King Gizzard news updates/upcoming projects 📰 📬

It seemed like they already started the synth sets during 2023. They would roll out the synths to the middle of the stage facing each other for a handful of songs and then roll them away. I’ve been meaning to put together a comprehensive list of songs that are part of those synth sets within the main set.

https://twitter.com/kinggizzard/status/1787293424712130844?t=oCxvM4qZ4oDVsYrthdIIDQ&s=19

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

2 Likes

Australia dates?

1 Like

2 Likes

What’s on everyones p(doom) wishlist? Here’s mine:

1. Pipe-Eye
  2. Pipe-Eye
  3. Pipe-Eye
  4. Pipe-Eye
  5. Pipe-Eye
  6. Pipe-Eye
  7. Pipe-Eye
  8. Pipe-Eye
  9. Pipe-Eye
  10. ORB (or Pipe-Eye)
3 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Update on the shelved rap music from the Ill Times video debut chat

I do hope they don’t proceed just because some fans say they want it when the band already decided it wasn’t with pursuing.

1 Like

I hope the opposite since they are great at rap. They should do whatever they like to do and and not deviate from this. Shouldn’t care about fans opinions at all.

This one is a bit tricky imo. I’m just glad they are checking in with some friends in hip hop as they venture into it further. I don’t think its a genre that you mess around with half hearted or as any kind of joke. Not saying they are doing that, just that i think they are right to be super cautious.

1 Like

Hip Hop can be pretty much anything. In Germany we have bands like “Die fantastischen Vier”, “Fettes Brot” or “Culcha Candela” and they do exactly what you mentioned, they mess around with it, sometimes break the traditional rules and write funny lyrics.
It’s probably not as serious as in continental America, but that style is kind of a regional thing.
Yes, you can joke around in Hip Hop, and there are quite some bands which do exactly that. I see no reason why King Gizz shouldn’t interpret that genre in their own way, we already heard it is really good when they do it.

1 Like

I think white non-Americans can certainly venture down the path with no issues, as they already have with the Beastie Boys kind of style.
Joey seemed to indicate that once they got stuck into it, that they all felt it was actually a step too far so it was shelved. What I would be concerned about it if they still felt that way and went on to finish it just because fans want to hear it. Fans will say they want anything. Personally it’s my last favourite of their ‘styles’, and I think the only time it worked well was Made In Timeland.

Not saying they will get in trouble, but mediocre hip hop from white guys can feel disrespectful in the US and won’t help you fill places like the Forum in LA. In almost every other genre they delve into they are world class practitioners, or are bringing something that feels fresh, like their take on jazz with Changes. Maybe they can get that way with hip hop too, but it feels like a much bigger and immersive creative endever, and I don’t see them pulling back from their other favorite genres to achieve those skill levels in hip hop.

1 Like

Another thought on genres. King Gizz converted garage rock fans, psych fans, metal fans and most recently jamband fans to Gizz fans. I don’t want them to release a hip hop album unless they believe it will win them some hip hop fans too.

1 Like

horse is confirmed to be next GUMbrose vid

1 Like

(I hope this is the right topic to ask).

I read the Brussels’ setlist and it’s amazing. Almost looks like I chose the songs myself.
BUT.

What’s with the microtonal material?

What’s with the lack of microtonal? Perhaps bc they did a bunch their last time in Brussels: 2023-03-20

3 Likes

of course.
The fact that the banana didn’t fly over South America really scared me, I guess :grin:

1 Like

No stated reason for the lack of Microtonal stuff that I know of, but that show is also relevant here for the new song Sad Pilot!

Pretty safe to say this will be on the upcoming album they’ve been teasing on Instagram.

5 Likes

Hide your kids, hide your wife

4 Likes