King Gizzard news updates/upcoming projects 📰 📬

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Spring 2024 EU/UK Tour + Marathon Shows

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxomJ3vPXCJ/

so you dont have to click a link

eh?? Speculate!

I have never been more hyped yet baffled by a Gizzard album. I’ve read all the descriptions and seen the photos and I cannot possibly imagine what this will be like. It seems so different than anything thus far.

Guessing a single/album name/cover/presale detail drop on Thursday.

Announcement imminent:

No emoji clues this time?

Who are the Cable guys?

Referring to the wire links that are used for the modular synths right? So the ‘cable guys’ are the band members messing with that stuff in the photos.

The Silver Cord was just officially announced on instagram. Check out that tracklist…and the big surprise that there’s an extended version of each song?!

Prediction: 35 minutes runtime, 80 minutes extended runtime.

Also, the cover art is dope.

1 Like

Theia (/ˈθiːə/) is a hypothesized ancient planet in the early Solar System that, according to the giant-impact hypothesis, collided with the early Earth around 4.5 billion years ago, with some of the resulting ejected debris gathering to form the Moon.[1][2] Such a collision, with the two planets’ cores and mantles fusing, could explain why Earth’s core is larger than expected for a body its size. Theia is hypothesized to have been about the size of Mars, and may have formed in the outer Solar System and provided much of Earth’s water.

Or…

In Greek mythology, Theia (/ˈθiːə/; Ancient Greek: Θεία, romanized: Theía, lit. ‘divine’, also rendered Thea or Thia), also called Euryphaessa (Ancient Greek: Εὐρυφάεσσα) “wide-shining”, is one of the twelve Titans, the children of the earth goddess Gaia and the sky god Uranus. She is the Greek goddess of sight and vision, and by extension the goddess who endowed gold, silver and gems with their brilliance and intrinsic value.[2] Her brother-consort is Hyperion, a Titan and god of the sun, and together they are the parents of Helios (the Sun), Selene (the Moon), and Eos (the Dawn). She seems to be the same with Aethra, the consort of Hyperion and mother of his children in some accounts.[3] Like her husband, Theia features scarcely in myth, being mostly important for the children she bore, though she appears in some texts and rare traditions.

2 Likes

Oh…

Chang’e is the spirit of the moon, an immortal woman, a moon goddess that is often depicted as a beautiful woman symbolizing elegance, grace, and charm that lives on the moon, after drinking an elixir of immortality. In iconography, she is often carrying the Jade Rabbit in her arms.

So this kinda seems like it will be the planet theia since:

according to the giant-impact hypothesis, collided with the early Earth around 4.5 billion years ago, with some of the resulting ejected debris gathering to form the Moon.

1 Like

Robert Carradine 80S GIF
Here we goooooooo!

Forgive me lord, for I have synthed

1 Like

And the Lord saideth, “Verily, go forth and synth, my children. For as ye shalt synth so shalt my gloryeth groweth.”

1 Like

Sick analysis!!! Saw some memes about it not being very gizzverse heavy and i think this investigation may squash it??? Who knows if the tracks will even have lyrics…

Dang I mean look at that track list… Theia, The Silver Cord, Chang’e, Gilgamesh which btw

Gilgamesh became the hero par excellence of the ancient world—an adventurous, brave, but tragic figure symbolizing man’s vain but endless drive for fame, glory, and immortality

And then Swan Song

The swan song (Ancient Greek: κύκνειον ᾆσμα; Latin: carmen cygni) is a metaphorical phrase for a final gesture, effort, or performance given just before death or retirement.

Ending with Extinction…It seems to pick up right where PDA leaves off. This is gonna be gizzverse heavy! It’s the yang to the yin! And I’m stoked for it!

I’m so fucking excited for this album. I have a feeling it might be one of my favorites. I feel like a lot of people have been saying they are going to go more techno, but I am thinking they will go more like new wave synth pop and gothy as well. Something of that nature. I beg oh my god.

In The Dark moment incoming?

1 Like

I don’t see how people are getting techno. I’m completely with you here. There’s a bunch of keyboards, Casio guitars. And look at their outfits and poses. It all screams synth.

2 Likes

Does anyone remember speculation when pda was coming out that all the songs were going to blend into one another? That didn’t happen but it was fun to speculate on.