Watcha Watchin? (Movies, TV etc.)

at the cinema waiting for Asteroid City to start rn. wbu?

4 Likes

I absolutely LOVED asteroid city!! Enjoy

We’ve been watching The Wire for the first time. Everyone who said it’s one of the greats was not lying. Also finally got around to The Last of Us, which is also fucking dope. Next up will most likely be I’m a Virgo. Loved Sorry to Bother You so looking forward to this very much.

Boots Riley’s anti-capitalist Oakland joyride ‘I’m a Virgo’ is the most popular show on Prime Video

3 Likes

Oh yeah, and Across the Spiderverse was spectacular.

Recently finished Ted Lasso so now it’s on to the new season of The Bear.

2 Likes

Headed to see Asteroid City later today.

New season of The Bear did not disappoint. We might have liked it better than season 1.

Anyone watch the American Gladiators doc series on Netflix?

I feel like there’s something wrong with me, but I just don’t get Wes Anderson. I mean, like, tons of people whose opinions I respect love the dude, but every time I’ve tried I come away feeling unsatisfied. It’s like being the dude who can’t see the sailboat, lol.
Mallrats GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Don’t think I have seen that one, will check it out. Thanks!

I haven’t seen all of his earliest films, but I found Moonrise Kingdom to be the only one like this where the style isn’t equal to the substance. He’s only getting better to me, so looking forward to Asteroid City.

Watched this last night, loved it. Also just found out that I went to high school with him, he was a senior when I was a freshman.

Oppenheimer worth seeing?

Nice! I dig Nolan, can’t say I’ve seen everything he’s done but I love Inception so it sounds like this won’t be too difficult to digest.

1 Like

I will be seeing Oppenheimer this week and am looking forward to it .

Right now, I’m watching Breaking Bad. Again!

Season 2 of Foundation

I went to the Barbie movie on my birthday.
Ofc I cried too.

How is Foundation? Been on my radar for a while.

If you love the books you might hate it because my understanding is it differs quite a bit. I tried reading the first book but wasn’t really into it, but I love the show so far. The visual worlds are beautiful, the characters diverse, and it has my favorite antagonist(s) in recent years. They handle the passage of a lot time well while still being engaging and caring about the characters. It can get a bit complex with the story, but no more so than the Expanse or Mr Robot, and nothing will ever be as complex as Dark, the German science fiction show on Netflix…and maybe the greatest time travel story ever told.

there is a Polyphonic Spree song on The Eternal Sunshine soundtrack

1 Like

I haven’t actually seen the first one, but that is an absolutely wild pairing.

This evening I watched Dune (2021) followed by the inbetweeners.