This just dropped...its so dope!

We’ve never met, but a friend of a friend of mine just dropped this top notch soulful vocal jazz-type stuff:

link

2 Likes

2 Likes

This just dropped, not sure if its dope necessarily. Maybe just because its the first newly published original Rolling Stones song in 18 years:

Its… worth trying I guess. I suppose they were hardly going to come back with a new paradigm were they? Upcoming album seems to be more about just getting the last recorded Charlie Watts material out there and finally collaborating with The Beatles.

She loves it, so we should like it I guess…its even got clapping so clap along. Few artists have stuck with a marketed self-image for as long.

1 Like

Yeah definitely can’t hate on it.
Maybe no one ever? They’ve just cracked 60 years which is a pretty mighty run. Maybe like Tony Bennett? Haha can’t really comment on his image over the decades, but its easy to imagine even he had an Elvis or Johnny Cash type situation that required reinventions.

before they were told to be the bad boys:

Yeah it’s cool enough, but I was definitely hoping for a bigger pivot for someone who ‘immediately agreed a decade’ after their debut album dropped.
Like for example I was really impressed by Billie Eillish turning it all around for the sophomore release.

But I’m not going to be the weird guy who pits female teen stars against each other, and none of it is for me anyway so good for her and I’ll stick to Melodrama to relive some teen angst thank you very much :man_shrugging:

Who would have thought two great debut albums called Mid Air would come out recently. I posted about the first one above, but the second one is the solo debut from Romy, vocalist of The XX:

With this way they’re all going, I think I prefer these collaborative solo releases (including Oliver Sim last year) over another The XX album.

1 Like
1 Like

Dunno if this is the vibe for most people here, but really got into the new Doja Cat album this morning:

There is definitely something that sets her apart from most other ultra-produced mainstream pop to me.

Possibly my favorite album from 2020 was The Greatest Part from Becca Mancari. I’ll have the first song from that album linked, but she just released her 3rd album called Left Hand and is currently Touring. Her voice is angelic Live and she’s a sweetheart (I worked with her at a restaurant called The Silly Goose back in 2014/15). Check her out and go see her Live if you can and dig her stuff

2 Likes

Aussie Punk (or Post Punk I guess) stays winning:

I really enjoyed my first encounter with Is It Now?, the new one from Animal Collective. It totally builds on the song-oriented earworm momentum of Time Skiffs, which I also adore and highly recommend. This band is having a renaissance moment and I love it.

Checking out the new Wilco now. Track one was meh. Track two is better.

Album title reminds me of Spaceballs