Songs you can't stop listening to

Doro Pesch really has a great voice. The Metal Queen.

Remi Wolf is my favourite most recently debuted artist, but even then I am hearing this song almost too much:

Hasn’t got old yet.

The best anti war statement ever made on a guitar.

1 Like

Added Music

Removed Music

Who is following the Kendrick and Drake beef? This may be the best diss track ever made. It goes so hard.

I cant really be bothered following that beef between two major assholes that should not be given any respect at all. if they knew of the other’s problems, they should have come forward with it way earlier. keeping it hidden until now just to get more rep is NOT a how a good person would act. less attention to these lesser human beings

1 Like

The only other song I think beats it at this point is “meet the grahams” which came out right before it. That one is cold (honestly terrifying with that Alchemist beat) and I’ve had it (and “Not Like Us”) on repeat since they came out. I’m not really invested in the beef itself and I’m more what Kendrick is making artistically. It’s like he’s putting the effort he would put into something like To Pimp A Butterfly into diss tracks. The way he’s connecting points, references and jokes to create this cohesive “reality” is incredible. The only thing I really want at this point is concrete proof for any claims in this whole thing.

Anyways, I’ve had this in my head for the last week.

2 Likes

The Atlanta colonizer scheme in Not Like Us doesn’t need receipts. There seems to be a lot of smoke around Drake and minors even if no fire yet.

Its like the most unWilco Wilco song. Could be Beach Boys

During the 70s there were many great bands which existed for only a rather short period of time with 3 or 4 albums released. Comus were one of them.

Idk if anyone here is a fan of Magma/zeuhl but I’ve been binging a lot of it lately and I think more gizzfans should be aware. The gist is that zeuhl is a genre of music where then singers sing in an original language they make themselves, Magma sings in kobaian for example. Magma is a very interesting blend of krautrock, prog, and opera, and hopefully they get more exposure magically one day.

2 Likes

Been really enjoying the new track, Yellow Dawn, from Sumac, a band which, if anyone is unfamiliar, is comprised of Aaron Turner of ISIS on guitar/vocals, Nick Yacyshyn of Baptists on drums, and Brian Cook of Russian Circles/Botch on bass. I find their stuff to be really compositionally interesting and scratches my itch for heaviness that is really just a permanent rash that ebbs and flows in intensity.

1 Like

I know them, they are great. They had a huge influence on other musicians. In my opinion one of those bands that fly under the radar.

1 Like

It has been a while since a song has landed for me as perfectly as this one:

3 Likes

Just saw them live recently and I must say: one of the best shows I’ve ever experienced. I’ve been to quite a few shows and there haven’t been many like it. The closest was probably Godspeed, but the power and sheer terror of it was unsurpassed. It was amazing.

1 Like

I grew up on The Legendary Marvin Pontiac. His Greatest Hits album that released in 1999 came out right before I hit college. I’m not sure how I came to own it or where I heard it first, but I played that album all the time and have continued to do so ever since. Yet somehow I missed that ANOTHER Marvin Pontiac album surfaced in 2017. Here’s one track that I’ve been singing all week. I was on a trip out in the woods, so any time I thought I heard a bear rustling, I started singing this top volume.

3 Likes