Songs you can't stop listening to

I feel like I probably posted this song in here before, but it still applies. This is a new version from Levitation Sessions.

Found this record in a record shop the other day and god damn its pretty wild! Good stuff.

I clicked on that last Elder post link, now I’m stucked with these guys:

Don’t complain, Kadavar are great.

1 Like

Dude, Elder and Kadavar did an album together! It’s pretty dope, lemme find a link.

Here it is.

2 Likes

I bought this record for a couple bucks as a goof. Despite it being unabashedly born-again, these cats can play. The jam in this song gets me going every time. Ignore the message, listen to the music.

1 Like

watched this doc the other night - enjoyed it way more than i expected.

i think my biggest takeaway was how much documentary film making has changed over the past couple decades. i really appreciated the old-school nature of the big star doc - tons of interviews and went deep into the story. i also enjoy a modern, doc built on β€œvibes” when my attention span is lacking but this was a refreshing change.

im hooked on the new royel otis. not a ton of diversity to their sound but i’m into it.

1 Like

This ones a bit of a guilty pleasure because it’s a pretty out of left field song from this band. For those who don’t know Magma is a french jazz prog rock band that sings operatic mult-part suites about galactic wars and religion but in the 80s they released this album called Merci that is… not anything like their previous albums. It still has the same fictional language they like to sing in (KobaΓ―an) but the tone is obviously a lot more commercial and this song in particular is kind of a downtempo disco single. Still goes pretty hard for some reason? I just think with no context this song is quite incredible and I find myself putting in on when walking at night.

Ouch, people seemed to have come to terms with the fact that they are rich, but that comment is difficult to take.

2 Likes

Top notch live jamming here, there is an excellent segue between this song and the next.

1 Like

Like some good swing today.

A buddy of mine is a lifelong stereolab fan and recently showed me his favorite album, Sound-Dust. It’s a kind of spiritual progressive pop album and I really enjoyed the listen. I’ve been listening to a few of the songs on my walks especially this one which has some excellent vocals and arrangement.

1 Like

What an excellent album by Kadavar. Not the style they used to play, but if they follow this path I could completely appreciate it. Luckily I found a video on Youtube where it’s not split into individual songs, as you should listen to it in its entirety. The transition from β€œ(I won’t leave you) Rosi” to β€œThe world is standing still” is breathtaking, really hits hard.

1 Like

Just the live version

2 Likes

I have no idea how I came across this band, but I like them.

There is really a lot of good music coming from Australia.