Other music to scratch the King Gizzard itch

If you ever catch yourself hoping King Gizzard do [your favourite genre] next, maybe you should try some of these!

If you have a suggestion, it may help to drop a link and if you can, a brief description of why it might appeal to King Gizzard fans and I’ll link to it below.

KGLW.net has got you covered for bands that are directly connected to Gizzard already.

Index:
King Gizzard Contemporaries/Peers

King Gizzard Influences/Classics

Post-Gizz Influence

King Gizz Opening Acts

• SPELLLING - Synthpop, King Gizz tour opener.

Other/Misc

Not Yet Categorised

12 Likes

Thanks so much for linking this. I’ve always meant to check them out and this post made me check out this video. Only a couple songs in but great vibes.

2 Likes

KM were one of my top favorites after Gizz, so sad they won’t be touring anymore. Grateful for the 4 shows I was able to catch though.

1 Like

thanks! here is one of my favorites from the Flaming Lips, the band that most inspired the band (Tame Impala) that inspired Stu to form a psychedelic band:
(1) The Flaming Lips - Lightning Strikes The Postman (Official Audio) - YouTube

4 Likes

Only caught them once myself at that Gizzfest show. Honestly, it went a little over my head as I was totally unfamiliar with what they were about and not expecting that energy (had just seem ORB/Amyl and the Sniffers).
Still thankful for the experience as it was pleasant enough and kickstarted my appreciation of their releases, is a shame I’ll never get to properly experience them live now.

2 Likes

Altin Gün reinterpret Turkish standards and mix them with original songs in a distinctive pop style, always with a solid groove. Think Sleep Drifter meets Intrasport.

4 Likes

Got tix to see them in November

1 Like

Major bump for kikagaku moyo, so happy I saw them live they were incredible. See also Altin Gun. Really dank stuff here.

Might be a lot more obvious for folks and more gizz adjacent but Khruangbin is really quite good too.

4 Likes

What about GOAT, you guys up on this? Gizz brought them out to Australia for a co-headlining tour back in 2015. They claim to come from a small commune in the north of Sweden and keep their identities hidden to emphasize the importance of the bands collective nature. Or something along those lines.

3 Likes

K-bin opened for Ghosts of the Forest at the Greek Theatre (Berkeley). Shit was off the hook.

1 Like

Yes! Was just rewatching bits of King Gizz Live in San Francisco '16 and noticed Cavs wearing a GOAT shirt. World Music (their album) is really good.
Similarly:

Yin Yin also has a trippy multicultural vibe.

3 Likes

I’ve seen this album come up in recommendations before but never checked it out. Will definitely do that now.

1 Like

Hoping to see Altin Gun next month. Love their stuff. New album kicks ass.

1 Like

Anything off the Terminal Passage youtube channel also btw

This was my introduction to Yin Yin a few years ago. Fire band

2 Likes

one of my favorite bands-Øresund Space Collective

edit: failed to embed, -3 hp

3 Likes

I’ve just edited your comment to fix the embed. All you need to do is paste the plain Youtube link in its own line.

1 Like

Got the chance to see them in Red Rocks. So much fun

2 Likes

I wish I could have caught one of their shows!!! They’re amazing!!

2 Likes

Ever heard of Papir? Two of the three band members are also in OSC.

3 Likes