New teases in old shows

yea it can be “Incomplete; Parts 1, 2, and 3 only”

My sense of this is that we don’t use → for typical/standard transitions even when they’re smoothly improvised.

transitioning out of part 3 isn’t very standard. All the old River > Wah Wah’s were typically part 1 only. Also: 2024-05-29 The Civic Hall Wolverhampton, England King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - KGLW.net

Hypertension tease in Ice V (8:20-8:35): 2023-03-09 Den Grå Hal Copenhagen, Denmark King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - KGLW.net

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Live at Den Grå Hal on 2023-03-09 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

here is another River → Wah Wah from the latest show: 2024-06-04 Circolo Magnolia Milan, Italy King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - KGLW.net

To play devil’s advocate though, the presale code for the 2023 tours they announced two weeks after the 2022 tours concluded was “Flamethrower” so it’s really not too much of a stretch to believe they at least had some of its bones done at that point. Definitely agree that 10/11/22 has proto-Motor Spirit ideas more than a motor spirit jam or teases, but I get the impression that they were teasing Flamethrower throughout the night on 11/02/22. The ideas are too prevalent and reoccurring to not be intentional teases to me.

Amby quoted Le Risque already in the South America tour. At 38:30:

oh shiittt yea

Most of What I Like in Prague 24’ contains what really sounds to me like the Flight b741 title track intro/outro harmonica riff. Recognized it as soon as I heard the track, I’ve been listening to this show too much, hehe. But it might just be Praise You, what do y’all think? At 1:00:15 and onwards:

yep thats totally it

3 Likes

There’s a Chang’e tease in Nuclear Fusion from Chicago 23 at :41

1 Like

its listed as hells itch on the site

1 Like

Rest assured that the differences between the same riff from Hell’s Itch, Chang’e, Witchcraft and Flamethrower has been discussed in great detail, lol.

We call it Hell’s Riff.

4 Likes

that aint hells itch though that’s chang’e

its a riff that’s in hells itch, witchcraft, and chang’e… on guitar minor key its hells itch (unless they quote chang’e)

via GIPHY

1 Like

well that’s just how we have it on the site???

2 Likes

Happy If You Say So GIF

1 Like

Here’s a timestamped link to when that same riff is played in Hell’s Itch.

1 Like