May 25, 2024 • “Wide Awake Festival” · London, England

Setlist thread for King Gizzard’s set at the Wide Awake festival in London. This set serves as the eighth show of the 2024 European tour and 15th King Gizzard show in London.

London Show History

Show Time: ~9:00pm-10:30pm BST (4:00pm EST, 1:00pm PST, 6:00am AEDT)

Stream: Streamus

1. Planet B
  2. Organ Farmer
  3. This Thing
  4. The Reticent Raconteur >
  5. The Lord of Lightning >
  6. Evil Death Roll [w/ Motor Spirit and The Silver Cord quotes]
  7. Supercell >
  8. Witchcraft
  9. Motor Spirit
  10. Head On/Pill [w/ Ice V and Sad Pilot teases and a Hypertension jam w/ lyrics] →
  11. Sad Pilot [w/ Head On/Pill teases] →
  12. Head On/Pill [w/ Chang’e/Witchcraft jam with lyrics, Motor Spirit quotes, a Sea of Trees tease, Witchcraft teases, and Am I In Heaven? teases and quotes]

We will use this thread to coordinate how we record the full setlist, including teases and other show notes. If you hear a tease, please leave a reply and note which song it occurred within.

Pre-show Recommendations:
Amsterdam Show Tape from Tora Tapes
black midi - Still (Live from Central Park)
A Piece of Toast or a Nice Sandwich

1 Like

And KGLW.net’s Amsterdam Recap for your pre-show literary edutainment.

2 Likes

Shorter set tonight, right?

I’m guessing Dripping Tap, Hypertension and Gaia in there somewhere. They always seem to play it very straight for fests. Not sure if we’re getting a debut tonight but I hope we do. Heard a bit of speculation about a Fishing For Fishies debut but I’m not so sure. We’ll see.

1 Like

likely not tap or hypertension… they did both last time in london, its a headlining fest set so i think its closer to like levitation or PALP than a festival set since they have a longer time

band is setting up rn King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard 25 May 2024 Wide Awake Festival London UK | By StreamusFacebook

no microtones

Do they have more than one hour? The schedule I saw said 9-10 specifically

yea 9-10:30

1 Like

Cheryl Waters introduction! “I love them from the bottom of my fucking heart.” Amen.

1 Like

Planet B opener. Starting strong!

1 Like

Organ Farmer!

3 Likes

This Thing?

1 Like

Crowd sounds INTO it.

We’re already out of the metal section? This is going to be a very jam heavy festival show.

1 Like

Want to get This Thing live this year. Can’t get over how much I prefer Stu on guitar on it.

1 Like

Jungle is Massive!

2 Likes

Planet B, Organ Farmer is the shortest metal section they’ve had since like 2018 I bet lol.

2 Likes

Yeah, wasn’t expected that. The metal sections have been super-sized so far this tour.

I could use 10 more minutes of that

Reticent Raconteur > Lord of Lightning?

2 Likes